This accessibility statement from Sandwell Metropolitan Borough Council is applicable for content published on Sandwell Holiday Activities
The Sandwell Holiday Activities website is designed for as many people as possible. This means you would be able to:
- clearly understand our content
- view images and multimedia
- zoom up to 300% without text spilling off the screen
- read the content with good colour contrast and font
- navigate the website using the keyboard
- navigate the website using speech recognition software
- listen to the website content using a screen reader (including NVDA, JAWS and VoiceOver)
How accessible is this website
We fully understand that some content aspects of the Sandwell website are partially accessible.
- some icons can get blurred with 300% zoom
- some videos do not have captions
- you cannot modify the line height or spacing of the text
- Some form controls do not have labels
Measures to support accessibility
Sandwell Metropolitan Borough Council takes the following measures to ensure the accessibility of Sandwell Holiday Activities:
- Include accessibility as part of our mission statement.
- Include accessibility throughout our internal policies.
- Integrate accessibility into our procurement practices.
- Appoint an accessibility officer and/or ombudsman.
- Assign clear accessibility goals and responsibilities.
- Employ formal accessibility quality assurance methods.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) define requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. Sandwell Holiday Activities is partially conformant with WCAG 2.1 level AA. Partially conformant means that some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard.
Feedback and contact information
Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers on Sandwell Holiday Activities:
Your message should include the following:
- web address (URL) of the content
- your email address and contact number
- the format you need like braille, plain text, British sign language(BSL), large print or audio CD
Phone: +44 12156 96991
Visitor Address: Go Play Sandwell, Corbett Street, Smethwick
Postal code: B66 3PX
We try to respond to feedback within 2 days.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
If you find any problems associated with the accessibility requirements of a website, contact us.
If you contact us to report an issue, but if you are unhappy with our feedback, you can contact Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS)
We are committed to making the website accessible in accordance with public sector bodies and regulations in 2018.
The Sandwell Holiday Activities website partially complies with WCAG 2.1 and AA standards, due to the non-compliances and the exemptions listed below.
- WCAG 1.4.3 Contrast (minimum)
Colour contrast issues with footer social media icons
- WCAG 1.4.12 Text Spacing
Readability issue on increasing the text spacing
- WCAG 2.1.1 Keyboard
Keyboard accessibility issues across multiple pages
- WCAG 2.4.7 Focus Visible
Focus styling issues across multiple pages
How we tested this website
We continuously check the web pages to ensure the website is accessible to wide demographics.
- We scan the website using Axe DevTools.
- We check the website content using the latest screen reader versions of NVDA, JAWS and VoiceOver.
- We assess the web pages for keyboard accessibility.
- We also test the individual page’s colour contrast using Web AIM.
Limitations and alternatives
Despite our best efforts to ensure the accessibility of Sandwell Holiday Activities, there may be some limitations. Below is a description of known limitations, and potential solutions. Please contact us if you observe an issue not listed below.
Known limitations for Sandwell Holiday Activities:
- Uploaded images may not have text alternatives
We monitor user comments and typically repair issues within 2 days.
This statement was last updated on 28 November 2022. And it was last reviewed on 31 August 2023.